I bet! :2thumbsup:
GM
Altec 604-8H and CSS SD15. Project starts here:
http://www.hostboard.com/forums/alte...er-woofer.html
I am very happy with the results.
Nothing like a great big pair of speakers to make your day.
[url]http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll111/calweldon/?start=all[/url]
[url]www.calweldonconsulting.ca[/url]
I bet! :2thumbsup:
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Definitely unique looking. Glad they sound excellent for ya. :2thumbsup:
For now I am using some modified stock XO's but in the next few days I will switch active so it will be interesting to hear the difference. I will certainly report back.
Altec Best, no plans for the finish yet. I have this habit of doing things to this stage and then moving on. We'll see.
Nothing like a great big pair of speakers to make your day.
[url]http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll111/calweldon/?start=all[/url]
[url]www.calweldonconsulting.ca[/url]
Took a bit to get back to them but I had a chance last night. Using some small Tascam amps and a Behringer XO, I invited some of my favourite artists over and had a go at 'er. Took a bit of fiddling to get the settings as I liked but once that was done I began to really enjoy the music.
I had preconceived that I was going to like the active more than the modified stock XO's but I can't say that's true. I think I like them equally. Different for sure but equal. Now don't kill me for saying so but I think if I went active and added an EQ to the mix I would be the happiest. I will try this next time and report what the EQ settings were. I realize listening to these from 3-4m is far from ideal but that's what I'm dealing with. Unfortunately the 604's are barely warming up and it's too loud. The bass unit is too close to the wall so it's sounds a bit muddy but maybe one day I can put these somewhere that these concerns don't exist. All in all still a great listening pleasure.
Cheers.
Nothing like a great big pair of speakers to make your day.
[url]http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll111/calweldon/?start=all[/url]
[url]www.calweldonconsulting.ca[/url]
Bookmarks